Top 45 Best Hamster Cages- Recommended
1. Prevue Pet Products 528 Universal Small Animal Home[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”333″ identifier=”B074FH47MQ” locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41zMdWtKT4L.jpg” tag=”www.johnsonweld-20″ width=”500″] If you have a pet at home, then you understand how important it is to provide everything they need. Whether it’s healthy food, a warm place to sleep, or toys to keep them occupied, it’s the responsibility of the pet owner to make sure that their favorite furry friend is happy, healthy, and provided for. While some people have hyper dogs or sassy cats, there are some people out there who have those cute little rodents known as hamsters. If you’re one of those people, then you already know that the type of cage you put them into is essential to their happiness. This 528 Universal Small Animal Home by Prevue Pet Products was designed to house a wide variety of small animals. Your tiny hamster, mouse, or guinea pig will absolutely love living in this house, especially considering that there is so much room to play and exercise inside of it. You also don’t have to worry about your favorite furry companion getting their paws stuck in the sides of the cage because of the tight ⅜” inch wire spacing, which promises safety and security at all times. With its two entry doors and extra deep base, this cage is perfect for the small pets in your life. Pros
- Perfect wire spacing for small animals
- Plenty of space for exercise and added accessories (not included)
- High quality material
- Wires can bend
- Front flap can come undone while moving cage
- Hamsters may be able to open the front door
2. Ferplast Large Hamster Cage Measures 23.6L x 14.4W x 11.8H-Inches[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”456″ identifier=”B0133LNVAS” locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/516BUOMTj5L.jpg” tag=”www.johnsonweld-20″ width=”500″] If you’re the type of pet owner who likes to spoil their favorite furry friends, then you should most certainly check out this Hamster Cage by Favola. This deluxe cage not only comes with two spacious floors, but it also comes with a hamster friendly plastic ramp, so your little hamster won’t pinch his tiny toes when they go from one floor to the other. On the top level, your lovable hamster will be able to happily grab a bite to eat, get a little bit of water, or even take a mid-afternoon nap! This impressive hamster cage comes with a food dish, a water bottle, a hide-away, connecting ports for play tubes (sold separately), and even a 5.5-inch exercise wheel. No one enjoys cleaning out their hamster’s cage, that goes without saying. Luckily, this hamster cage from Favola comes with an access door on the top panel for easy cleaning. Also, the entire wire portion and middle plastic section of the cage disconnects from the base so you’ll be able to clean your hamster’s cage with ease! If you’re looking for a cage that’s fit for a hamster king, then this one might be the right one for you! Pros
- Easy to assemble
- Plenty of room
- Easy to clean
- Door is too small
- Must remove critter while cleaning
- Cage may be too small for a Syrian hamster
3. Living World Deluxe Habitat[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B007BNE1YA” locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/510mTiUYAoL.jpg” tag=”www.johnsonweld-20″ width=”500″] If you’re looking for a reliable hamster cage for your favorite furry companion, then you want to make sure to find one that they’ll be happy, safe, and secure in at all times! Fortunately, Living World takes their hamster cages seriously. This Living World Deluxe Habitat provides everything you need to safely house any of your small critters, including hamsters and mice. Your hamster will be more than happy in this hybrid cage, which consists of an upper wire frame and a plastic bottom base that is able to provide your hamster with a safe, well ventilated area to peacefully sleep or play. This hamster cage not only comes with a hamster-safe access ramp, but it also comes with a tip-proof food dish that securely attaches to the floor of the balcony, which is pretty convenient when you have a hamster that likes to dump his food over. This cage measures 46-8/9 length by 22-⅘ inche width by 24-inch height. Needless to say, your hamster will have plenty of room in this cage to run around, sleep, exercise, and eat. If you’re in the market for the perfect hamster cage for your furry friend, then this hamster cage would absolutely be the perfect match! Pros
- Pan is 7½ inches deep
- Easy to clean
- Easy to assemble
- A little flimsy
- Plastic can be chewed through
- Can break easily
4. Favola Hamster Cage | Includes Free Water Bottle, Exercise Wheel, Food Dish & Hamster Hide-Out[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”456″ identifier=”B0133LNVAS” locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/516BUOMTj5L.jpg” tag=”www.johnsonweld-20″ width=”500″] Hamsters are typically extremely active and curious creatures who enjoy playing most of the time, so as an owner, you have to make sure that you provide some kind of entertainment for your tiny furry friend. Unfortunately, unless you get a cage that is big enough for their adventures, you’re hamster could suffer from lethargy or boredom, which isn’t great for their health. Luckily, this Hamster Cage from Favola has plenty of room for your hamster’s shenanigans. This cage has two spacious floors, with the first floor having 4.75 inches of room to promote playful burrowing. Using the hamster friendly plastic ramp, your hamster will be able to make their way to the second floor where they’ll find their food, water, and sleeping quarters. This cage comes with a 5.5 inch exercise wheel and connecting ports for the play tubes that hamsters enjoy so much (sold separately). Thanks to the access door and the fact that the wire portion and middle plastic section disconnects from the base, this hamster cage is extremely easy to maintain. If you’re looking for a hamster cage that provides plenty of room for playtime for your hamster, then you should consider purchasing this spacious cage from Favola! Pros
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to clean
- Safe for hamster toes
- Too small for a Syrian hamster
- Opening on top is too small
- Water bottle may not work
5. Prevue Pet Products SP2005BL Hamster Haven[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”363″ identifier=”B00EQ28V9K” locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41loy0N1IrL.jpg” tag=”www.johnsonweld-20″ width=”500″] As the owner of a hamster, you know and understand that they need plenty of room to play or they could get bored and sad. With this Hamster Haven Hamster Cage by Prevue Pet Products, you never have to worry about that happening while you’re away or sleeping at night. Thanks to this cage being so spacious, there is plenty of room for your hamster to embrace his or her natural instincts to curiously explore. The Bi-level design of this hamster cage is able to give your hamster the opportunity to engage in healthy activities, as well as, sleep comfortably whenever they decide to close their eyes. The multi colored components include an eye appealing platform, a fun slide ramp, a hideaway dome for a good night’s rest, and an exercise wheel to help keep your hamster in shape. There are two access points in this cage, including a front door and a larger door that opens on top of the cage. With its bright blue base and assorted color accessories, this hamster cage is visually engaging for your hamster. If you want to spoil your favorite rodent, then you should certainly check out this incredible product by Prevue Pet Products! Pros
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to clean
- Plenty of room for exercise
- A bit small for some hamsters
- Fluctuates in price
- Metal bends easily
6. AmazonBasics Pet Habitat[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”290″ identifier=”B0756GBCJ1″ locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41XZLg7n1AL.jpg” tag=”www.johnsonweld-20″ width=”500″] It’s kind of crazy that such a little creature needs so much stimulation, but that’s just the way that they are. Luckily, there are fantastic products out there to help make life a little bit easier when it comes to entertaining your hamster while you’re away or sleeping soundly. This standard small animal habitat is the perfect oasis for you rabbits, guinea pigs, or chinchillas. This Pet Habitat by AmazonBasics comes with an iron wire upper frame and a PP plastic base, making it perfect for your tiny rodents. This Pet Habitat comes with a non-drip water bottle, a helpful hay guard, and a balcony that comes with an access ramp and tip-proof food bowl, which we all know is essential to avoid cleaning up their food on an everyday basis. If your hamster is looking for a little bit of privacy, they can take advantage of the hide away space underneath the balcony. This Pet Habitat by AmazonBasics is not only easy to assemble, requiring no tools to complete the job, but it’s also easy to clean! If you’re looking for a Pet Habitat that will make your favorite furry friend happy and safe, then this is the perfect enclosure for you! Pros
- Limited one-year warranty
- Easy inside access
- Easy to assemble
- Wires can bend easily
- Hay holder only attaches to one side
- Difficult to read instructions
7. Lixit Animal Care Savic Hamster Heaven Metro Cage[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”333″ identifier=”B003QRPAR2″ locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ya%2BZg834L.jpg” tag=”www.johnsonweld-20″ width=”500″] It goes without saying that hamsters like to have a good time, with or without some friends to help keep them company throughout the day. With that being said, it’s your job as a pet owner to make sure that they’re having a good time not matter what time of day it is. Thanks to this Savic Hamster Heaven Metro Cage by Lixit Animal Care, you never have to worry about your hamster being bored or unstimulated ever again. This extra large hamster cage comes with colorful tunnels and exciting slides for your hamster to amuse himself during the day. It also comes with an exercise wheel so he can stay in shape, as well as, platforms and houses to ensure that he can get a good night’s rest to prepare for his busy days. You also don’t need to worry about buying the necessary accessories for your hamster, which can be a bit tedious and time consuming, because this Hamster Heaven Metro Cage also comes with brightly colored food bowls and a drinking bottle. Needless to say, your favorite rodent will feel spoiled and loved if you purchase this Savic Hamster Heaven Metro Cage by Lixit Animal Care! Pros
- Easy to assemble
- Made out of solid metal
- Plenty of space
- Hamsters may be able to escape
- Water bottle may leak
- Water bottle may not fit stand
8. Midwest Critterville Arcade Hamster Cage[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B07CGTR87L” locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51EzC%2B9mdhL.jpg” tag=”www.johnsonweld-20″ width=”500″] There are some hamster owners out there that are quite content with giving their hamster nothing more than a cardboard box with a bit of newspaper in it, and there are some hamster owners that know that their hamster deserves something with a little more class. Midwest Critterville knows what it means to provide a luxurious home to the small critters of the world. This fun Arcade Hamster Cage from Midwest Critterville has everything your hamster could ever want and more! Featuring a multi-level play space, your hamster will have the time of his or life playing for hours on end. This Arcade Hamster Cage comes complete with an exercise wheel, a water bottle, a food bowl, a nesting nook, and an interior play tube. This hamster cage has a deep base, so there’s plenty of room for your hamster to playfully burrow himself to sleep. There’s also a convenient top door so you can have easy access to your hamster, as well as, a removable upper cover so you’ll be able to clean the cage with ease. If you’re interested in providing a hamster oasis to your favorite animal, then is definitely the hamster cage to go with. Pros
- Easy to clean
- Colorful to engage your critters
- Sturdy and reliable
- Not safe for baby mice
- Wheel can crack easily
- A little difficult to assemble
9. Lixit Animal Care Savic Hamster Heaven Metro Cage[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”333″ identifier=”B003QRPAR2″ locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ya%2BZg834L.jpg” tag=”www.johnsonweld-20″ width=”500″] It goes without saying that there are some things in this world that people are willing to pay a little bit more money for. For some people, it doesn’t take a second thought to spend some extra money on something for their animal. If that sounds like something you would do, and you would go out of your way to spoil your furry rodents, then you should consider purchasing this Lixit Animal Care Savic Hamster Heaven Metro Cage. Not only is it extremely colorful, which is great for engaging your hamster, but it also has plenty of fun accessories to keep your hamster entertained for hours on end. This hamster cage, which is made out of high quality plastic and metal, comes with tunnels, tubes, and platforms, so your hamster will be able to keep himself occupied while you’re at work or sleeping, as long as you can sleep through the noise of his shenanigans. I can be quite difficult to find a hamster cage that will not only keep your hamster busy, but it will keep him safe and secure from escape, as well. If you’re looking for a hamster cage that will keep your hamster happy, then this is the one for you! Pros
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to clean
- Plenty of fun for your hamster
- Hamster May be able to escape
- Water feeder may drip
10. Ware Chew Proof Four Story Hamster Cage[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B003SZSZM4″ locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51hLkP5yfvL.jpg” tag=”www.johnsonweld-20″ width=”364″] If you have a hamster then you most likely understand that they will go to great lengths to try to escape from their home. In fact, some hamsters will even try to chew their way out from their home, which can be absolutely nerve wracking for their worried owners. If that sounds like something that your hamster enjoys doing, then you should look into purchasing this Chew Proof Four Story Hamster Cage from Ware. Thanks to the durable metal design, your hamster would have an extremely difficult time chewing through these wires. There are also two front opening doors with a safety lock, so your hamster won’t be able to walk right out the front door, either. This hamster cage is well ventilated, which is certainly important when it comes to the odor of the cage. This four floor design comes complete with ramps and shelves. It also allows your hamster or ferret to have plenty of room to wander around and explore. While some people don’t really care what kind of enclosure they put their hamster in, this one is fit for a spoiled king. If you’re ready to spoil your hamster, then this is one of the best ways to get it done. Pros
- Easy to clean
- Chew proof
- Not safe for small hamsters
- Hooks don’t stay attached
11. Kaytee CritterTrail 2-Level HabitatThe Kaytee CritterTrail 2-Level Habitat is designed to provide small pets with a spacious living area to play, roam and climb. It features a removable petting zone to ensure pets interact. It is ideal for mice, gerbils, dwarf hamsters, and hamsters. The habitat is expandable and constructed to be compatible with all other CritterTrail accessories, creating more pets’ living space. The cage features an exterior wheel and a fun spiral ramp to ensure the pets have fun inside. The front wire door ensures easy interaction of the pets, feeding, and cleaning. The ¼ inch spacing increase ventilation and visibility. The cage comes with extra accessories, including a water bottle and food dish for the pets.
12. MidWest Homes for Pets Critterville Brisby Large Hamster Cage with AccessoriesThe hamster cage has 2 spacious floors creating room for the pets to play, relax, and exercise. It features a clear base to make it easy to watch the pets play and burrow. The top wire is made with a durable rust-resistant finish. The base is also deep to prevent beddings from scattering in the cage. The cage has an in-built connecting port for play tubes to connect to the play area or other hamster cages. The middle plastic section detaches from the clear base for easy cleaning. The ¼ inch horizontal bar spacing accommodates even the smallest pets in the cage. The habitat comes with a hamster wheel, food dish, water bottle, and hamster hideaway.
13. 15″ tall 20L Aquarium Tank Topper CageThe 15″ tall 20L Aquarium Tank Topper Cage is constructed with galvanized welded wire to ensure the cage lasts for years. The cage is spacious to allow the pets to play, exercise, and burrow. It features 10 gallons cage on top, 15 gals in the middle, and 20l on the bottom. There is a square cutout to enter where there are a food dish and another cutout to exit the room. The funhouse has ramps to allow the pets to walk in and out of each level with ease. It features a plastic edge guard to prevent predators into the cage. Lastly, the robust door latches ensure the pets are safe.
14. Ferplast CombiThe Ferplast Combi is designed to connect other hamsters’ cages or tubes to the play area for pets. It weighs about 0.48kg making it easy to carry. It comes with a transparent plastic roof for visibility while the grill and large spacing maximize the pets’ ventilation. Complete this combi with an outdoor gym for a pet’s physical activity when connected with a clear plastic tube. The base is detachable from the upper part for easy cleaning. The Ferplast Combi comes with 2 hamster cages with accessories such as a drinking bottle, wheel, bowl, and tubes for playing and a connected gym.
15. ROBUD Large Hamster Cage Gerbil Haven Habitat Small Animal CageThe ROBUD Large Hamster Cage Gerbil Haven Habitat Small Animal Cage provides a spacious area for pets. It is perfect for a dwarf hamster, hamster, and Robo hamster. The 5/16 inch bar spacing prevents the hamsters from escaping and predators from accessing the cage. The bi-level cage comes with a plastic tray that prevents the pets from dropping from scattering in the cage and making cleaning easy. The wire spacing provides maximum ventilation, which ensures good air quality for the pets. The wide base creates room for bedding or burrowing. The front door ensures easy feeding and cleaning. The hamster cage comes with a penthouse, exercise wheel, food bowl, water bottle, bathroom, and seesaw.
16. Deluxe Fir Wood 3-Tier Guinea Pig/Hamster MansionThe cage has a 3-tier design, creating more space to allow the hamsters to play, rest, exercise, and burrow. It is made from fine fir wood, which is rot-resistant, making the cage last longer. It is ideal for chinchillas, gerbils, guinea pigs, and other small animals. The Deluxe Fir Wood 3-Tier Guinea Pig/Hamster Mansion has ramps to help the pets to climb to different areas. It is designed with pet safety in mind, with no wires where paws can get stuck and plastic walls for poor ventilation. The mesh top opens for easy access and cleaning, while the bottom panel opens outwards for easy feeding and allows the pets to stretch their feet. It comes with a small food bowl.
17. Ferplast Favola Small Rodents and Hamsters CageThe Ferplast Favola Small Rodents and Hamsters Cage is a double-floor structure designed to ensure several pet activities. The upper floor is ideal for relaxing and eating. It is constructed with durable wire mesh and a large transparent plastic base for visibility. The bottom floor is a hiding area for the pets in the sawdust. It can be attached to other hamster cages with the unique connection cap to widen the pets’ playing area to have fun. It features a small door with a security hook to prevent the pets from escaping. The top can be separated from the base by unlocking the side clips for easy cleaning in the difficult areas. The cage comes with additional accessories, including; water bottle, feeding bowl, exercise wheel, and sleeping nest.
18. Midwest Critter Nation Single Unit with Stand Small Animal CageThe Midwest Critter Nation Single Unit with Stand Small Animal Cage is made with the pet’s owner in mind; it has dual-locking door latches to ensure safety on a one-handed operation. It features wide expanse shelves and full-width leak-proof pans to prevent pets from accidental falls and maximize the playing area. It is suitable for degus, rats, ferrets, and chinchillas. It easy to maneuver the cage with the locking casters to keep it in position and raises the cage to a comfortable height. The ½ inch spacing allows the pets to explore in a safe environment. The wide double doors provide accessibility for easy feeding and cleaning. Also, the ramp cover protects the pets’ feet and provides comfort and non-slip climbing between levels.
19. Ferplast Karat 80 57056217W1 Hamster/Mouse CageFerplast Karat 80 57056217W1 Hamster/Mouse Cage comes with a multi-level structure that allows the pets to run and move freely. It features a deep glass tank that offers visibility to the pets, allowing it to hide in the sawdust, have fun, and prevent the litter box from escaping from its position. The cage is very sturdy, equipped with doors to ensure inside accessibility while the plastic feet support the tank. The wooden shelves are rot-resistant and are connected by the ramps. It comes with additional accessories, including a small house for the pet, a drinking bottle, a food bowl, and an exercise wheel.
20. Prevue Pet Products Small Animal CagePrevue Pet Products Small Animal Cage with stand is made with a non-toxic powder-coated finish to ensure it lasts longer. It features a tubular steel stand with casters to allow the cage to be moved from room to room with ease and adjusted height for the pet’s view. It is suitable for small animals such as rabbits, chinchillas, and guinea pigs. It has top and front doors allowing easy access when cleaning or feeding the pets. It also has a plastic pan which contains the mess and for easy cleaning. It comes with additional accessories, including a water bottle and food dish.
21. Ferplast Duna Fun Hamster Cage with AccessoriesFerplast Duna Fun Hamster Cage provides plenty of space for pets to live with comfort. It features a multi-floor with 3 different levels is complete with transparent tubes that allow pets to run, play, and climb the levels. The habitat has a plastic base and transparent top for visibility, while the wire mesh inserted in the middle ensures maximum ventilation. It is designed with pet safety in mind; the top has a large hatch with security hooks to prevent pets from escaping. The base is detachable from the wire mesh and top allowing easy cleaning. Also, the opening door on the top ensures inside access. The habitat comes with a feeding bowl, exercise wheel, water bottle, and pet resting house.
22. Ware Chew Proof Small Animal CageWare Chew Proof Small Animal Cage is made from sturdy all-metal, making it last for years. The 2-piece design cage is providing plenty of room for the pets to burrow and play. The ½ inch spacing between each wire prevents the pets from escaping. It is lightweight to be carried around. The wire mesh on the top part ensures maximum ventilation. The cage has a large door to allow inside access of the pets. The metal drop pan can be detached from the wire top, making it easy to clean and feed the pets. No tool is required to set up the cage.
23. AmazonBasics Indoor-Outdoor Small Pet Habitat Cage with Canvas BottomThe AmazonBasics Indoor-Outdoor Small Pet Habitat Cage with Canvas Bottom is lightweight and convenient to carry around. It is perfect for both outdoor and indoor use. The habitat is ideal for guinea pigs and small animals. The cage is designed with the pet’s sensitive paw in mind; it comes with a canvas base for comfort and traction. It features a spacious area allowing the pets exercise, burrow, and play. The wire cage frame prevents the pets from accidental escape. Also, the leak-proof canvas keeps the pet poop and water spills contained. The top and base can be detached for easy cleaning and storage. It is easy to set up the cage in minutes.
24. 5-Floors Large Twin Tower Syrian Hamster CageThe 5 solid levels cage is made with plastic, durable floors for pets’ paw safety. The twin tower with a long crossover mixed color translucent tube tunnel widens the playing area and connects the two towers. The cage is large to allow the pets to run, play, and explore. It is ideal for hamsters, mouse, rats, gerbil, rodents, and mice. The cage features solid shelves with ladders that easily allow the pets to climb up and down the floors. The 3/8 inches spacing prevents the pets from escaping and stuck. The deep base creates more playground area. It has 3 doors; front left and right ensure easy access for feeding and cleaning. It comes with a water bottle, play tubes, food bowl, hide house, and exercise wheel.
25. Prevue Pet Products SP2005BL Hamster HavenPrevue Pet Products SP2005BL Hamster Haven is a tri-level cage that allows pets to explore, play, and hide above the ground level. It features two platforms that ensure the pets relax, while the two slide ramps ensure the pets climb and runs up and down comfortably and easily. The hideaway dome protects the pets from predators and also relaxes. The cage features a front door and a larger top-opening door for easy inside access for feeding and cleaning. Additionally, the 1/2 inch wire spacing prevents the pets from escaping. The cage is visually attractive with its blue base and assorted color accessories providing the pet with an active and colorful haven.
26. WARE Chew Proof Small Animal Critter CageThe WARE Chew Proof Small Animal Critter Cage is designed from powder-coated wire, making it last for years. The cage provides plenty of room for the pets to be comfortable. Thanks to the sturdy chew-proof feature, which keeps the pet safe and secure. It is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use. It has a large door with a safety lock that ensures the pets are safe. The door ensures easy inside access for feeding and cleaning. It has a removable metal pan that ensures the pet’s mess is contained for easy cleaning. It is easy to assemble and disassemble the cage for easy storage and carrying around.
27. Habitrail Small Animal CageHabitrail Small Animal Cage is made of plastic and wiring for durability and maximum ventilation. It has a deep base with rounded corners that makes cleaning easy and contains the mess. It comes with a hamster hideout allowing pets to explore and hide comfortably. The large plastic door ensures easy access to the cage while feeding and cleaning. The door also has a secure lock to keep the safe inside. Thanks to the ladder, which allows the pets to climb up and down. The cage allows easy connection to other Habitrail items such as Habitrail tunnels, hideout, or tubes to the hamster cage’s windows and habitats with the Habitrail lock connectors sold separately.
28. Ferplast HAMSTERVILLE Hamster Habitat CageThe cage is made from a sturdy wire net coated with non-toxic paint, wooden columns, and a frame crafted from Tree Friend wood. The Ferplast HAMSTERVILLE Hamster Habitat Cage features different levels providing plenty of room for the pets to live comfortably. The levels are connected by wooden ladders, which allow the pets to climb up and down easily. The wooden shelves are vanished with liquid-resistant tops to making cleaning easy. The hamster cage comes with a large plastic tray that contains the pets’ poop and can be removed for easy cleaning. It features a front, top, and beside the door for easy inside access. The cage has side holes for ventilation. It comes with a feeding bowl, water bottle, exercise wheel, and a sleeping house.
29. Aivituvin Upgraded 3 Tier Hamster CageThe three levels cage provides the pets with a large area to burrow and run. It is made with non-toxic wood protecting the guinea pigs’ sensitive feet from stuck. The levels are connected by a wooden ramp, which makes the pets climb easily. It is suitable for hamsters, gerbil, and ferret, among other small animals. It features a large deep bottom to contain sawdust for the pets to play and dig. It also leaks plastic proof tray to collect messes and leftovers, making cleaning easy. Upgraded with wire mesh walls to attach water bottle and exercise wheel. It comes with a food bowl, chewing toy, seesaw, and hideout.
30. Prevue Hendryx Deluxe Hamster and Gerbil CagePrevue Hendryx Deluxe Hamster and Gerbil Cage feature two-level providing a spacious living area for the pets to live comfortably. It comes with platforms and houses, creating a place for your pet to play and hide. It is perfect for hamster and gerbil. Thanks to the ladders, which allow the pets to climb in and out quickly. It also comes with an exercise wheel to keep the pets entertained. It has a front door for easy access to the pets. The base is removable for easy cleaning while the wire mesh can be wiped. The 5/16 inch wire spacing provides maximum ventilation.
31. Kaytee CritterTrail SUPER HabitatKaytee CritterTrail SUPER Habitat creates more space for large hamsters and gerbils. The spacious area allows the pets to run and burrow. It has a comfort shelf to ensure the pets rest comfortably; a safety ramp allows the hamsters to connect from one level to another easily while the port door connects to other accessories or habitats. The large top door allows easy access and safe removal of the pets. The rounded corners and quick-release clips to detach the wire top for easy cleaning. It is ideal for hamsters and gerbils. It is easy to set up with no tool required.
32. Ferplast Laura Hamster CageFerplast Laura Hamster Cage is a colorful and spacious habitat that allows the pets to play, exercise, and burrow. It features a white wire mesh structure on top and a plastic base making it spacious for recreation and relaxation. The hamster cage also has a plastic shelf fixed attached to the cage, creating a second floor where a small hamster can eat and rest. The top and front doors offer easy access for quick and easy cleaning, while the base and net can be detached for easy cleaning. The Laura cage comes with a food dish, hamster hideout, exercise wheel, water bottle, and play tubes.
33. 3-Tier Portable Travel Cage3-Tier Portable Travel Cage is designed specifically for carrying small pets. It is large to allow pets to play and burrow. It features a handle to make it easy to carry it around. It is ideal for gerbils, mice, hamsters, and other small animals. The top and front doors provide easy inside access to feed, clean, and interact freely with the pet. The base is deep to allow the pets to hide and play, while the wire top allows maximum ventilation. Additionally, the base is detachable for quick and easy cleaning. The cage comes with additional accessories, including a food bowl, exercise wheel, and water bottle. Easy set up with no tools required.
34. Large Fun Land Clear Transparent Tunnels TubesThe Large Fun Land Clear Transparent Tunnels Tubes with Top Tower Watcher for Habitat Hamster is completely transparent to ensure visibility and match any decoration. The cage is sparkle clear to facilitates the observation of the pet. It is compatible with other cages for more space. It features 5- levels with a high lookout watch tower play zone. The 3/8 inch bar space prevents the pets from escaping and stuck. The deep clear transparent base gives more playing area. The front left and right doors allow easy inside access. The cages come with transparent shelves and a ladder, a clear play area, hide house, food bowl, water bottle, and exercise wheel.
35. WARE® Indoor Hutch 4 Level Small Animal CageWARE® Indoor Hutch 4 Level Small Animal Cage features four living space levels allowing the pets to play and run. It is made of powder-coated wire and metal and durable plastic, ensuring it lasts for years. It is ideal for ferrets, rabbits, chinchillas, and dwarf rabbits. The cage features solid shelves and ramps to support the pets as they rest and jump up and down. It has oversized doors, which facilitates easy inside access. It has a slide-out tray, which ensures easy cleaning. The roll about casters facilitates easy movement of the cage. It also comes with an optional floor grid to prevent the pet from lying on the leftovers and poop.
36. New 2/3/5-Levels Hamster HabitatNew 2/3/5-Levels Hamster Habitat is expandable and compatible with other accessories for more space. It is easy to set up with no tools required. It comes in multiple colors, making it attractive. It is intended for rodents, gerbil, rats, mouse and other small animals. The tight 3/8 inch bar spacing prevents the pets from escaping and stuck. It has a crossover clear translucent mixed color tube tunnel, creating more playing area for the pets. Thanks to the large deep base, which allows the pets to run and play comfortably. The cage features top and front doors, plastic ladders to ensure easy inside access. It comes with a food bowl, water bottle, hide house, exercise wheel.
37. WHC001 Deluxe Fir Wood 3-Tier Hamster CageThe hamster cage is constructed from fir wood, which is rot-resistant, making it last longer. It is a 3-tier design with ramps giving plenty of space for pets to roam. WHC001 Deluxe Fir Wood 3-Tier Hamster Cage is designed with the pet’s safety in mind; no wire is used to make the paws get stuck or plastic walls for poor ventilation. It is suitable for hamsters, guinea pigs, mice, chinchillas, gerbil, and other small animals. It features a bottom acrylic panel, which opens outwards for easy feeding and allows the pet to stretch its little legs. The wire mesh roof opens and allows inside access for easy cleaning.
38. Savic Geneva Modern Hamster CageThe Savic Geneva Modern Hamster Cage is a two-storey habitat with a large play area that allows the pets to hide, climb and burrow. It is easy to assemble. Its design is perfect for indoor use. It is ideal for hamsters and gerbils. It features a transparent lower take that facilitates the observation of the pets as they roam around. The tank slides in and out for easy cleaning, while the large door on top allows inside access. Thanks to the foldable ladder that can close off the top and bottom parts of the cage. The hamster cage comes with accessories like a water bottle, exercise wheel, food bowl, and a ladder.
39. TRIXIE 2-Story Attic Rabbit HutchThe solid wood, glazed pine finish construction guarantees the TRIXIE 2-Story Attic Rabbit Hutch to last longer. The two levels cage has a retreat area on the upper level. It is designed specifically for small animals like rabbits and guinea pigs. The hatch door restricts access between levels, while the non-slip ramp allows pets to comfortably roam in the cage. It also comes with a removable floor for storage or additional insulation. There is wood paneling at the back gives additional protection for predators. It also includes a removable tray for easy and quick cleaning and is hinged with locking arms.
40. 2-Tier Portable Travel Cage for Small Animals2-Tier Portable Travel Cage for Small Animals is ideal for traveling. It comes with handles for convenience when taking pets out. It has 2 levels providing more space for pets to play, exercise, and interact freely. It is easy to set up without tools. It is perfect for hamsters, gerbils, mice, and other small animals. The wire top is made with a powered coated finish, and the plastic base makes it last for years. The deep base allows the pets to hide while resting. The top and front doors facilitate easy access to feed and clean the cage. It comes with accessories such as an exercise wheel, food bowl, and water bottle.
41. Aivituvin Wooden Ferret Cage Rats House 55″The cage is crafted from solid fir wood, and sturdy galvanized wire mesh making it last longer. Aivituvin Wooden Ferret Cage comes with 5 levels attached to 4 ramps providing plenty of space for pets to play, climb and rest. It is perfect for ferrets, rats, hedgehogs, pet minks, and other small animals. The wire net top ensures maximum ventilation while the front door can be opened for easy catching and keeps air circulating. It features a deep thick plastic removable tray, which is leak-proof, ensuring easy cleaning. It is easy to assemble with no tool required. It comes with accessories, including chewing toys and food bowls.
42. 5-Level Large Crossover Twin Towner Tube Tunnel HabitatThe 5-level cage is expandable and compatible with crossover mixed color clear translucent tube tunnel to create more for the pets to run, climb and burrow. It features an exercise wheel, 3 mezzanine levels, and 3 ladders, ensuring the pet exercises and interacts. It is ideal for dwarf hamsters, mouse, gerbils, mice, and other small animals. It is crafted with the pets’ safety in mind, the floor is made with plastic, and 3/8 inch wire bar spacing prevents escape and stuck. The top sections flip off the base to ensure easy cleaning. The front left and right doors ensure easy inside access. The deep base creates more playing area.
43. All Living Things® Tiny Tales™ Castle Connectable Hamster HomeAll Living Things® Tiny Tales™ Castle Connectable Hamster Home is shaped like a castle giving it a royal lifestyle. The cage features multiple transport tubes, which allow the pets to move to different levels. It is suitable for gerbils, hamsters, and mice. The cage features shelves that create more space for the pets to relax and sleep. It has a wire mesh top to allow air circulation while the base is deep to ensure the pets hide from predators and weather. The doors ensure easy inside access. The hamster home comes with a food dish, water bottle, and exercise wheel. It is easy to set up the cage.
44. Portable Travel Cage for Small AnimalsThe Portable Travel Cage for Small Animals is an ideal traveling carrier with a handle for convenience when taking the pet out. It easy to assemble with no tools required. It is suitable for mice, small hamsters, gerbils, and other small animals. It is large to provide enough space for the pet to play and burrow. The top door provides easy access to feed, clean, and interact with the pets. It features a wire mesh top to ensure the cage is well-ventilated. The deep base is transparent to ensure the pets can be seen when doing their activities. The cage includes accessories like an exercise wheel, food bowl, and water bottle.
45. All Living Things® Tiny Tales™ Rocket Ship Small Pet Connectable Hamster HomeThe All Living Things® Tiny Tales™ Rocket Ship Small Pet Connectable Hamster Home is a spacious and comfortable habitat shaped like a rocket ship. The cage is made with sturdy wire and a plastic bottom to ensure it keeps the pets safe. It is suitable for hamsters, mice, and gerbils. It features multiple transport tube that connects different levels allowing pets to explore, burrow, and play freely. The 2 shelves it comes with providing a resting place while the hideout creates a sleeping station. It lights up for visibility. It comes with additional accessories, including a food bowl, exercise wheel, water bottle, and exercise wheel.
How to Select an ideal cage for hamsters?The first step is to ensure the size of your hamster depending on your species, for that we link you to another part of these same types of hamsters , I bought hamsters that were very small and that grew to grow more than I could imagine, that’s why it’s important that you know the final size of your hamster to avoid having to buy another cage within a few months, because like to people, hamsters are very disturbed by the removals. It is also important to know where you want to have it, if on the floor you will have to buy it with standing height or if you already have a table always prepared in sight, the cage will suffice .. A factor to take into account is also the ventilation, as most of the cages for hamsters are of grid does not usually have problem, but in case of opting for new models of glass you will have to have several factors in mind as open lid or not the sunlight directly enters them. Cage for glass hamsters or with bars? Something very fashionable lately are the glass cages, in addition to being simpler they allow to see the animal better and do not require to be closed at the top because they can not climb through the glass. Personally I have no opinion or preference for any of the two, at the time I chose bars because I liked it, the cage had 2 floors and was very entertaining, but there are many glass cages that have a lot of charm, also as we said before, be a cage For a Russian, Syrian, common or any other type of hamster, we have to take into account the size you will have to be sure you will be comfortable in the habitat. Personally I do not recommend wooden cages because hamsters can gnaw them and create a hole to go out.
Hamster Cages Shopping guide
SizeIt seems that the world is getting smaller and smaller and also the houses. This means that size is becoming more and more urgent and many users prefer a small cage for a small animal. For this reason, knowing the size of a cage for hamsters is essential before buying. There are of all types, because a good and economical hamster cage can be any size. The larger ones have several floors and a much wider surface in which more than one hamster can coexist, while the smaller ones can be composed of a single surface, generally in the form of a parallelepiped and with fewer accessories inside. Regardless of the size, the importance of knowing it beforehand lies in knowing what will be the space that will be available in the house permanently and that will become the home of the hamster.
ToysLike any pet, hamsters play with different accessories. What differentiates it from other species is that, in many occasions, these accessories are included inside the cages in which they live. The simplest cages have very few accessories with which the hamster can entertain, while the larger and more complex have many accessories with which the hamster can feel at ease all the time. One of the favorite toys of hamsters and for which they are commonly identified is the wheel. This toy is very present in the cages for hamsters, although the slides are also important. Other figures such as small castles, labyrinths and the like are also designed in cages of this type. Additionally and thinking about the welfare of the animal, many cages usually include drinking troughs that quench the thirst of hamsters.
MaterialsThe quality, in most of the products of any type that there is in the market, usually defines by the materials. Especially in an object such as a cage where an animal will live for several years, the quality of the materials is essential so that it can have a long enough life and should not be used to buy another in a short time. Being a complex product, there is usually no single material. One of the ones with the most presence is plastic. Although the useful life of the cages of this material is not the highest, its benefit is reflected when the cleaning is done much more easily. On the other hand, another of the materials used is wood. This material is probably the most appreciated by users, due to its impeccable aesthetics and maximum durability. Some combine them with metal in the part that separates the surface, which can be grids.
How to use a cage for hamsterYour pet needs a quiet, cozy and fun place to develop properly. A cage for hamsters is the ideal solution for these friendly rodents. But if you do not know how to use this product, we invite you to keep reading.
Locate the right place to place the cageHamsters are animals that need a lot of tranquility, so the place to find should be free of noise. They also need that the place where the hamsters are going to be dark or in low light. A very important aspect is that the place should be free of wind and humidity, so that the substrate or the food does not get wet. You can place the cage in a place outside the house, but it is advisable to be indoors and away from other more dangerous animals, such as dogs.
Make the assembly of the cage with everything the hamster needsGo through the instruction manual and arm each part of the cage. The ideal hamster stay should have at least one tunnel, because these animals love to travel and get into narrow places. You must have a roulette where you can keep active exercising the legs. The ball-type water dispenser is ideal for the hamster, although if you have a bowl type, it is also acceptable. Make sure you have a dispenser for food that is always kept clean.
Place the substrate on the floors of the cageThe ideal substrate for hamsters is compressed newspaper, which is the material that is placed on the floor of the cage. A layer covering the floors should be placed on all levels of the cage, as this is the best material for the hamster bed.
Add a generous amount of hay in the cageHamsters need to have a kind of hiding place so they can have a space created by themselves. Place the hay in a considerable amount in a corner preferably for them to create the shelter, which they usually use in order to store food.
Add water and foodThe hamsters themselves do not need much water, but they should always have fresh water. Fill the water dispenser and place it on the lid of the cage or, alternatively, add clean water to the respective bowl. Place the food for hamsters in the respective bowl. A very important aspect is that you should not place food several times a day, since the hamsters take a part of the food and place it in their respective shelters. Take your precautions regarding this so that your pet does not get fat before its time.
Place your hamsters in the cageOnce the cage is ready for your pet, proceed to place it in the new house. It is very important to know that male hamsters live with females, not with other males because these animals are very dominant. It is recommended to place the number of hamsters according to the capacity of the cage, but that all have enough space.
Perform the cleaning of the cageTo do this, remove all dispensers and bowls. Then clean the substrate and remaining food, if any. Next, clean the floors and cage with a damp cloth. Finally, clean the dispensers and bowls so they can be used again.
How to clean the hamster cageAs for how to clean a hamster cage you should know that this will depend on the materials and elements that make up the cage that you have chosen to buy at the time. The first thing you should do is remove all accessories, dispensers or bowls. Then remove all the papers and debris from the cage. The next step will be to clean the floor, the bars and all the surfaces of the cage with a damp cloth or with a sponge. You should also clean the toys and accessories, the dispenser, and the food bowls individually before putting them back into the cage. It is important that you do not use any cleaning product that could affect the health of your pet. In general, a little water and a cloth will suffice to make the cage look spotless. Hygiene is very important for the health of the pet and ensure a long and happy life. Even if a deep cleaning is done once a week, small daily cleanings should be carried out, in which we will remove the fecal waste from the pet. It is good to clean the cage with warm water and neutral soap, to which you can add vinegar. From time to time we will also disinfect with suitable cleaning products, and then rinse the surfaces, so that the hamster can not suck any remaining disinfectant. If you prefer, you can get other types of specific disinfectants in pet stores.
1) Bed for hamstersThe cage should have a good bed or substrate, since being the animal hamster burrows in the wild, it requires continuous digging. The bed will be extended throughout the floor of the cage. In the market there are many types of bed made from untreated natural wood chips, sawdust, or nuts among others. The best bed for hamsters is a natural bed without odors, although hay can also be used, which in addition to serving the nest, is part of the pet’s diet and is an important source of fiber . Hay is also beneficial because its consumption contributes to the necessary wear of the teeth. A good substrate base guarantees that the animal will be happy digging, since it is its nature. It is absolutely forbidden to use cat litter because it causes respiratory problems. Nor will we use wood chips treated with chemicals, because they cause serious health problems. In addition some woods such as pine and cedar are toxic to hamsters.
2) The booth and the nest of your hamsterYour hamster will need a small house to take refuge and have your privacy to be quiet. This can be of various materials, from plastic to natural and organic materials. Inside her, she will build her nest to sleep, and this can not be of any material, since some are very dangerous for hamsters. We tell you in detail how it should be a house for hamsters and what materials you must provide to make your nest , in the previous link.
3) WheelsThe wheel is one of the most important accessories that the cage should have, because it is the tool for your hamster to exercise. That yes, it should not be your only toy, because if not, your hamster can become obsessed with the wheel, not finding other ways to entertain. The best hamster wheels are those made of hard plastic, and we will never buy those with holes , bars separated from each other, slits, which can cause the legs of the hamster to get caught or get trapped. It must have a stable base to avoid accidents and that can be fastened well to the cage. To prevent injuries to the legs, the floor of the wheel must be a flat surface. Remember that the wheel is for exercise and fun so it must be in the best conditions. Keep in mind that the wheel should be the right size for your hamster. If he arches his back while running, it is a sign that the wheel is too small , and this can injure your hamster. So when you go to buy the wheel, choose one of a diameter greater than the size of your pet.
4) Feeders and drinking fountainsA feeder with a heavy consistency should be provided to prevent it from spilling and spilling the food. As for the drinker, the best is the ball bottle that supplies the water without watering, avoiding humidity. These utensils or accessories should be cleaned twice a week, in particular the bottle bottle. It is recommended to use hot water to avoid the formation of harmful microorganisms. Two important things must be taken into account with the sprue, one is that it must function correctly without dripping when the hamster is not using it, the second is that it is at a suitable height and not too high.
5) Sand bathSomething with which we can consent to the pet is with a sand bath. This helps the hamster maintain a beautiful and shiny fur. The bath can be carried out once every two weeks, or once a week, taking care not to leave it for a long time since it can be taken as a hygienic bed and to relieve itself.
6) Toys and entertainmentThe only means of entertainment for the hamster in the cage should not be the wheel. Hamsters are very active and playful animals, so in addition to the cage should have a variety of toys for fun, Ramps, houses, hiding places. We can have many toys, which is good to change regularly, so that the novelty motivates you and prevent you from getting bored. Even the branches of fruit trees are a good option, in addition to useful as they help to wear your teeth. On the other hand, a hamster that is in a circle of monotony can develop anxiety and stress, and in the long run, this can shorten his life. To pamper you and help you clean your fur, we can brush it with a soft bristle brush. We can also help our hamster by brushing him with a soft bristle toothbrush.
Types of cages for hamstersNow that you know the things you need to look for when choosing or buying the best cages for hamsters, it’s time to look at the different types of hamster cages and with these form the basis of your journey as a hamster owner.
- Wire-Top – They are easily recognizable by the wire structure of the habitat combined with a lower plastic tray. These provide exceptional ventilation, are very easy to clean, and provide easy access to your pets. Unfortunately, the bars can be chewed by your pet and the spaces between the bars can be excellent exit points for the bed materials pushed by the hamsters.
- Plastic tanks – plastic hamster cages are a great joy to have. These often come pre-packaged with all the accessories you can imagine to start your journey of owning a hamster. These are fully expandable, which means you can add other plastic hamster cages together to make an entire ecosystem of habitats. And because you essentially have a solid plastic wall, you can easily fill it with all the bedding material you want. Sadly, ventilation is not really a big attribute of plastic tanks. To their credit it has to be cages for cheap hamsters. On the contrary, the complexity of its tubes, tunnels, wheels, mini houses, and other accessories can make cleaning a challenge. If a pet decides to hide in the middle of a long tube or tunnel, removing it can be disconcerting, since forcing the animal out can damage or scare it. In addition, some are known that stubborn chewers destroy exposed plastic components.
- Aquariums or glass tanks – These can be reused aquariums or even specially constructed glass tanks. They can be with or without a lid, although if with a generally it is made of a superior wire extension. The beauty of the glass tank is that it secures your pets inside. The transparent nature of the glass also allows greater visibility of what your creatures are doing. It is completely chewproof and you can apply a layer of bedding as deep as possible. And if by chance you have a dwarf hamster, putting them in a glass tank allows easy access. Unfortunately, this type of hamster cage is quite heavy. Cages for hamsters
How to install a cage for hamsterOnce you have chosen the right home and most appropriate for your pet hamster, it is time before you start putting your pet. Again, the key here is to select the appropriate tank or enclosure option for the type of hamster you have. If you already have the cage, here is the next set of steps you need to take on how to set up a hamster cage.
1. Choose a location for the hamster’s cage.The hamsters should be in a comfortable environment, preferably at room temperature. They are also particularly active at night, so putting the cage in the bedroom is not a good idea. The most suitable place for hamsters is the living room. However, you should place them where they are not exposed to loud noises, as they have a keen sense of hearing.
2. Prepare the bedding.Extends bedding material on the floor of the hamster’s cage. Make sure it is deep enough of these furry animals. Putting a bedding that is at least 2 inches deep should help protect your pet’s feet while also allowing odors and for liquids to be absorbed more efficiently.
3. Add the accessories.Once the bedding has been placed, you can now begin to add extras or accessories such as tunnels, game platforms, tubes, exercise wheels, food bowls or plates, water bottles or bowls, and other things that you could want to include Just remember not to cram the house as your pet also needs a lot of space to roam freely. Conclusion Hamsters are excellent pets for beginners, especially children. Like all pets, they also deserve the right home to thrive and realize their being. Knowing what you need to look for when choosing the right hamster cage is crucial to taking care of them in the right way. With these 10 best cages for hamsters that we have prepared for you, we are sure that you are on the way to becoming a good hamster owner.
The VerdictIf you have a hamster, then you will need a nice and comfortable cage to keep it. If it is spacious and has the appropriate accessories, you can move and play freely. In the market you can find a wide range of models, so in this article we tell you everything you need to know to make the best choice. Now, in this section, we collect the main details of the best models in each price range. So that you get an idea of what you can expect according to your budget and that you see that you should not give up giving your pet a good home.
Last update on 2021-10-27 at 03:36 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API