To all dog owners, their pooches are considered as family members as well. Dogs require appropriate shelter from the detrimental changes of the weather. This is important especially when your dog lives outside of your house.
Even if your dog lives indoors, you can still give him the best indoor dog house where he can cuddle over when it’s cold. Dog houses serve as your pooch’s personal space. Give them compensation for their loyalty by providing the appropriate dog house for him.
This buying guide reveals the top-rated dog houses in the market. Regardless of your dog’s breed, there is certainly a home meant for them.
#Top 3 Indoor Dog Houses On The Market – Comparison Table:
Best Indoor Dog Houses Review
1. Suncast DH250 Dog House
- Outdoor dog house: attractive dog house for pets up to 70 pounds is perfect for your...
- Durable: constructed from heavy-duty resin with a crowned floor to keep your pet safe from...
- Hassle FREE assembly: dog house snaps together with ease, so your pet can enjoy their new...
As one of the best insulated dog houses, the Suncast DH250 can provide warmth to your dog. It is a very soothing dog house, especially during the cold season. The construction of the house is made of durable resin. You won’t need to worry about rusting and molds because of this.
You will also be happy to know that the roof is removable so you can easily clean it whenever you need to. It is also very easy to put up, and you don’t need any tools to assemble it and even amateurs can accomplish this.
Another feature that is critical is the air vents. This dog house has air vents that help the air to circulate freely inside the house. This will help your dog to feel comfortable and carefree. During hot days, this feature is important.
The door opening measures 11-3/4 inches in width and 20-1/2 inches in height. This means that even larger breeds of dogs can stay here. You also don’t need to worry about water seeping in because the floor is crowned with channels around each edge.
It is easy to keep it in place because you can stake it on the ground. It will surely not move even if your dog frequently bumps into it. This is also very useful when it’s very windy outside. Your dog’s house will remain steadfast.
To make it look like a house, a vinyl door is also included. The dimension is perfect even for larger dogs. Most of the dog owners also expressed their appreciation with the design of Suncast DH250 Dog House.Check Latest Price
2. Merry Products Wood Pet Home
- Durable pet home ideal for indoor or outdoor use
- Made from kiln-dried cedar and treated with natural color stains
- Designed for smaller pets. Raised panel floor keeps your dog dry. Removable roof and...
The Merry Product Wood Pet Home is an ideal outdoor dog house as well as for indoors. The interior is built with a pet bed, and the exterior is made with a terraced pet that looks so adorable. Your small dog will surely have a fun time there.
This is perfect for small dogs that weigh 12-15 lbs. You will find it very easy to assemble, and it would only take 20 minutes to set everything up. Don’t worry because there are instructions included in the package when you avail it.
It measures 18 inches in height, not including the 7.23 inches’ lattice work. If you have a Shi Tzu or Hotdogs, their sizes are perfect for the scale of the house. The room with a view will surely give a luxurious experience for your pet.
Although this has a compact nature, space and modern style won’t be sacrificed. The good thing about this construction is the raised base architecture making it possible for you to use it both for outdoors and indoors.
The house is built with steps on the side, and that will lead the dog to the balcony. Your pooch can enjoy the sun there especially when he feels cold or chilly. It’s also the best place for your dog to have a good view of the surroundings.
The Merry Products Wood Pet Home is known for its creative style and unique craftsmanship. The main ingredient of this wood is Asian fir that is kiln-dried. This material is not only sturdy but very distinctive as well.Check Latest Price
3. Petmate Indigo Dog House
- Igloo Dog House: This heavy duty dog house for medium dogs provides insulation in hot &...
- MEDIUM DOG HOUSE: The raised floors & side moats of the outdoor pet house drains water &...
- KENNELS & HOUSES: Crate & kennel training is vital for dog safety & comfort. We provide...
The Petmate Indigo Dog House can be considered the best winter dog house because of its igloo style built and construction. This is a safe house for your dog outdoors. You don’t need to worry about the safety of your dog because this haven will surely protect it from the harsh weather conditions.
This is built specifically for medium-sized dogs that enjoy the pleasure of the outside world. Even at night, the Petmate Indigo House will leave you at peace that your dog is safe and sound.
This dog house has vent holes inside to let the air circulate. Aside from this, there is a moisture drain channel that helps in keeping the house odor-free. These vents and channels can be found all around the perimeter of the floor.
Even if it rains, you don’t need to worry that the water might seep in because the braces are elevated as well as the floor. Your pet can snuggle inside during rainy days without getting wet. However, you need to be aware of the upper vent because it can be flimsy during the cold months.
The main features of this dog house are water-resistance and windproof capacity. It can withstand most of the harsh weather conditions and other elements. It can also prevent the growth of odor-causing bacteria and mildew. The igloo design is unique, and it will certainly be comfortable for your dog because there are no edges to bump with when he’s inside the house compared to the conventional square type design.Check Latest Price
4. Always Quality Indoor Outdoor Dog House
- Lovely house for your lovely pet Gives your puppies a feel at home
- Assembles very easily with just a screwdriver in a few minutes Strong and Lightweight
- Smooth surfaces for easy cleaning Attractive, safe, easy-to-assemble dwelling for your dog...
The Always Quality Indoor Dog House is one of the best dog houses for indoor use. If your pooch is small to medium in size, then this is perfect for them. The good thing about this dog house is its versatility. Whether it rains or shines, it will provide protection for your dog.
Dogs love playing outside so you can’t guarantee that they won’t get affected by the changing weather conditions. The best way to solve this is to provide them a dog house that can function both as an indoor and outdoor dog house.
The quality of the Always Quality Dog House is highly regarded because it can last longer compared to the other ordinary dog houses in the market. This weatherproof dog house is made from top quality plastic, so your dog will surely be protected.
Since it’s made from plastic, it’ll be easy to clean and easy to dry as well. If you are going to keep it in the backyard, then a simple hose is enough to clean it. You can scrub it with detergent and rinse it with a hose. To dry it, you can use a dry cloth.
One feature that makes it popular among users is its elevation from the ground. Even when it rains, your pooch can cuddle up inside the dog house without getting wet. This house has a measure of 24” x 30” x 26” so your pet can still move inside comfortably.
Aside from its durability, you will also appreciate its low maintenance feature since Always Quality Dog House is meant to last with minimal maintenance.Check Latest Price
5. Confidence Pet XL Waterproof Dog Kennel
- Made of tough and durable plastic for a comfortable, personal space for your Pet
- Large room and internal volume for your dog
- Please confirm the product dimensions are adequate for you size pet before purchase
As an insulated dog house, the Confidence Pet Dog Kennel is constructed with a sturdy plastic that contributes to its durability. This is designed to protect your dog from all kinds of weather conditions.
It has a bigger space inside so your dog will surely feel comfortable resting in it. Aside from this, this dog house is perfect for all kinds of seasons. You don’t need to worry because the house is rust-free and is expected to last longer even with frequent use.
When you avail this, there’s a manual that you can use to help you in assembling it. It will not take long before you can put it up.
The internal volume of this house measures 41.3 x 38 x 38.7 inches. This makes it recommendable for bigger breeds of dogs. The entrance is also large enough, so it will be easier for your pooch to go in and out of its house. The opening measures 14.1 x 24.6 inches.
Most of the users praise it because of its big size. The size is usually the problem of most dog owners because their dogs won’t fit in the house. Sometimes, it’s too small, so the dog doesn’t have extra space to move and smooch around.
With the Confidence Pet Dog Kennel, space will never be an issue for you and your dog. No more uncomfortable sleeping position at night and body pain for your dogs. This is what this brand promises when they made their Extra-Large dog house.Check Latest Price
Best Indoor Dog Houses Buying Guide
There are many factors that you need to consider when you are going to buy a dog house. There are many top-rated dog houses in the market, and it’ll be a challenge to choose the best one that fits your dog’s need.
The primary questions that you need to consider are the size of the house, kind of house, and the material used in constructing it. You need to ask yourself if you would like it to be made from metal, wood, or plastic.
If you choose a wood material, you can choose from resin, asphalt, or shingles. This buying guide contains the different considerations you need to take before you buy a dog house for your dog.
Materials Used for Construction
This is one the things that you need to consider before buying. The materials that you can choose from are plastic, metal, or wood.
1) Plastic Dog Houses – This is considered as one of the most common materials used for a best outdoor dog house. They are lighter in weight and free from molds and rust. You can easily transport them from one place to another, and you don’t need to worry about splinters.
You don’t need to do any refurnishing because it will surely not rot over time. If you are looking for a dog house that is meant for all-weather use, then it is recommended that you opt for tough plastic ones.
2) Wood Dog Houses – These dog houses are heavier in weight, but they make most of the coolest dog houses in the market. You can choose from a lot of designs, and it can provide a heightened level of protection for your dog against different harmful factors in the environment.
During the cold months, a wooden dog house is recommended because they are excellent insulators. Your dog will also not feel overheated during the hot days unlike in plastic houses. Wood materials also offer a different feeling because it is an Earth element.
One of the greatest advantages of wooden dog houses is the variety of beautiful designs that can be made out of it. However, you need to be cautious off ticks and fleas. You can eliminate these parasites using DE or by availing a dog house made from cedar wood.
3) Metal Dog Houses – This material is also used for dog houses. They are often used to make dog cages that are meant to be transported most of the time. They are not used as permanent homes because it cannot create a cozy feeling for the dog.
This can be made from aluminum or stainless steel. The best feature of this dog box is its longevity. It can even outlive your dog with its durability. However, it is prone to rust that’s why it is recommended to cover it with paint.
Size of the Dog House
In choosing the right size of a dog house, you need to put your dog’s size first on the line. There are small houses and big houses in the market, so make this guideline as your reference in decision-making.
- You should make sure that the dog house is big enough for your dog to smooch over and turn around. This contributes to the comfort level. Your dog should also be able to lie down and stretch without any obstructions.
- You also need to consider the fact that dogs feel safer in smaller spaces. Areas that are too big can make them feel anxious and terrified. This is why you should choose a dog house that is neither too big nor small for your pooch.
- If you decided to buy a dog house and your puppy is still young, ask the veterinarian to help you analyze her average size when it grows up. In that way, you can choose the dog house appropriately.
- Measure the dimensions before buying. The door should be wide, so your dog will not find it bothersome to go in and out of the dog house.
Measuring the Size of the Dog House
1) Doorway – This is the first thing that you should measure correctly. Make sure that it’s broad enough to let your dog in. Aside from this, wider doorways can also help in proper air ventilation inside the dog house. This is most important during the hot season.
There are two ways of measuring the appropriate doorway. It should be not less than ¾ of the test of your dog’s shoulder, and the opening should measure 1″ more than the distance from the shoulder down to the chest.
2) Type of the Roof – The kind of the ceiling is also one of the important considerations. You need to decide which type of roofing is appropriate for your dog. This will serve as its primary function and style. You can opt to have a pitched roof if your dog house is made from wood.
Another option you’ll have is a single panel roof. This is distinguished through the slope of the ceiling. This is commonly used for dog houses due to its similarity with individual houses.
Last but not the least is the sun deck roof. This can be single paneled or double paneled depending on your choice.
It is also advisable to have protection on the roof. This will help in protecting the house from damaging environmental factors and changes.
3) Elevated Floor – It is recommended to have a dog house with an insulated floor. This can assist in keeping moisture away. This will also lessen the chance of flea infestation. If the level is elevated, it would not easily get rotten. Plastic dog houses are not prone to this problem.
4) Ventilation – Many dog owners undermine the importance of proper ventilation. If you would like your dog to feel comfortable in his house, make sure that air can circulate freely inside it. You don’t like to place your dog in a space where there is stifling hot air.
There’s a huge array of choices when it comes to good dog houses in the market. They can all provide shelter and protection for your dog, but no two dog houses are created the same. They all differ in specifications and material type.
The Confidence Pet Dog Kennel is one of the most recommended dog houses because it can be used both indoors and outdoors. It is also guaranteed to be a waterproof dog house. Whether your pooch is a small or large breed, this dog house will surely meet his needs.
Hopefully, you’ll be more confident in choosing the best dog house for your dog after considering all these tips and guidelines.
Last update on 2021-10-27 at 03:36 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API